Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I would appreciate help on this cron that I have setup and it keeps emailing me every time it runs. I can't think of the correct format that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Supress cron daemon email for rsync cron

Hi All,

I would appreciate help on this cron that I have setup and it keeps emailing me every time it runs. I can't think of the correct format that would stop sending out the emails. Can anyone help me out? I've removed all of the server names and SIDs from the cron.

Thanks

ssh -q server1.site.com 'rsync -az --quiet --delete --include 'SID_ora*.trc' --exclude=* /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/sid/SID/trace/ root@nfsserver.site03.com:/nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ >/dev/null' && chown username.group -R /nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Just Joined!
    In case anyone is looking for this I fixed it.

Original

ssh -q server1.site.com 'rsync -az --quiet --delete --include 'SID_ora*.trc' --exclude=* /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/sid/SID/trace/ root@nfsserver.site03.com:/nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ >/dev/null' && chown username.group -R /nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Fixed

ssh -q server1.site.com 'rsync -az --quiet --delete --include 'SID_ora*.trc' --exclude=* /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/sid/SID/trace/ root@nfsserver.site03.com:/nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1' && chown username.group -R /nfshome/username/trace_files/SID/ < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 &