Find the answer to your Linux question:
so i installed fedora 3. then changed the resolution becasue it was very choppy(like the pixels were too big) and rebooted. in the middle of restarting, the screen goes black ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

out of scan range?

so i installed fedora 3. then changed the resolution becasue it was very choppy(like the pixels were too big) and rebooted. in the middle of restarting, the screen goes black and a message in the middle(from the monitor) says "out of scan range 81.30kHz / 75z" now what do i do? i have a sony 15 inch LCD monitor. model number sdm-m51. my video card is a GE force 2 MX. how could it even be the monitor or vid card. i was on the fedora desktop and played around for a little after i installed it. any help appreciated

Linux Engineer
    this is normal if the refresh rate wasnt lowered...

Sony STYLEPRO SDM-S53/B (Black) 15 in. Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    Synchronization Range - Vertical 48 - 75 Hz
    Synchronization Range - Horizontal 28 - 61 kHz
    Sony SDM HS53 (White) 15 in. Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    Synchronization Range - Vertical 48 - 75 Hz
    Synchronization Range - Horizontal 28 - 61 kHz
    You will need to get into terminal, simply kill your x server, by doing a BCKSP-CTRL-ALT command, (CTRL-ALT-F1 if not working) then login as root.
    into the folder/etc/X11 there should be a file called XF86Config... or XORG.CONFIG...

type
    Code:
    vi /etc/X11/xorg.config
    and go where the line HORIZ AND VERT
    and set the value I gave you...

If it doesnt work, you could also try CTRL-ALT- minuxKey to set to a lower resolution FROM GUI!!

post your screen Name and XORG.CONFIG here if it doesnt work...
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    wow. u are way ahead of me. my picture is whats in the dictionary when u look up newbie. my Sn is kweliwontustay thanks a bunch man

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close