Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

adding permanent enviroment variable for all users

hi all,

i want to add this enviroment variable to all users -

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...ux-server.html

so my question is how do i add it to all users not just for one users home directory as more than one person logs in using different logins/profiles

i have edited the file "/etc/profile" and added this line to the end but doesnt work

"export ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@192.168.1.233"

what am i doing wrong, how do i also call it a filename as it says ie .flexlmrc

cheers,

rob

Quote Originally Posted by robertw View Post
    hi all,

so my question is how do i add it to all users not just for one users home directory as more than one person logs in using different logins/profiles

i have edited the file "/etc/profile" and added this line to the end but doesnt work

cheers,

rob
    first thing your doing wrong is posting the exact same question in every forum you can find. 2nd thing your doing wrong is not asking autodesk support. 3rd thing your doing wrong is not paying attention, since the instructions tell you to put that stuff into a file named .flexlmrc. and so your bright idea is to put it into a totally different file and then be AMAZED that it doesnt work?

put things into the right file and follow the instructions. want it auto deployed, then add that file to /etc/skel and any new users will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by robertw View Post
    hi all,

cheers,

rob
    first thing your doing wrong is posting the exact same question in every forum you can find. 2nd thing your doing wrong is not asking autodesk support. 3rd thing your doing wrong is not paying attention, since the instructions tell you to put that stuff into a file named .flexlmrc. and so your bright idea is to put it into a totally different file and then be AMAZED that it doesnt work?

put things into the right file and follow the instructions. want it auto deployed, then add that file to /etc/skel and any new users will get it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Lol... You posted the link to the guide and did something else. What the f...
    "My common sense is tingling."