Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Howto simulate redis failover

ENVIRONMENT
    OS = CENTOS 7.4
    HA NODES = 2 virtual machines
    PRODUCT = CoroSync/Pacemaker
    RING CONFIGURED = 2
    redis version = redis-4.0.2-3

QUERY
    I want to simulate a failover of redis. When I kill redis process, it restarted itself on same HA node. I tried to kill redis process 3 to 4 times. Is there any way to mention REDIS restart attempts in agent configuration OR how can we simulate a failover of redis.

Quote Originally Posted by z_haseeb View Post
    ENVIRONMENT
    OS = CENTOS 7.4
    HA NODES = 2 virtual machines
    PRODUCT = CoroSync/Pacemaker
    RING CONFIGURED = 2
    redis version = redis-4.0.2-3

QUERY
    I want to simulate a failover of redis. When I kill redis process, it restarted itself on same HA node. I tried to kill redis process 3 to 4 times. Is there any way to mention REDIS restart attempts in agent configuration OR how can we simulate a failover of redis.
    follow these simple steps:
    1. go to google
    2. put 'how to simulate a failover of redis"
    3. read the instructions
    4. follow the instructions

AMAZINGLY (OMG!!!!!) the first 2 hits are from the redis documentation. which you didnt read or follow anymore than you did in your other thread and now you want 'opinions" on how to do this. ask your administrator and if you ARE the administrator find a different job.

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    follow these simple steps:
    1. go to google
    2. put 'how to simulate a failover of redis"
    3. read the instructions
    4. follow the instructions

AMAZINGLY (OMG!!!!!) the first 2 hits are from the redis documentation. which you didnt read or follow anymore than you did in your other thread and now you want 'opinions" on how to do this. ask your administrator and if you ARE the administrator find a different job.
    If you see correctly, the first two hits are redis own HA. Please note my query is related to Active/Passive HA thru pacemaker.

$spacer_open
$spacer_close