Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Recover Deleted File

Hi Experts,

Due to some issue one of my dbf file is deleted from Oracle Linux 6.5 which I need to recover I have to google it and found a tool called foremost but when i try to run a command mention on site it does not run and mention the options I don't know why the command is not successfully execute
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by osamamansoor View Post
    Hi Experts,
    Due to some issue one of my dbf file is deleted from Oracle Linux 6.5 which I need to recover I have to google it and found a tool called foremost but when i try to run a command mention on site it does not run and mention the options I don't know why the command is not successfully execute
    and since you cant post pictures here we dont know either. and since you deleted a dbf file, you recover it from your backups. otherwise forget it.

did you call oracle since your using oracle db? how about any useful information like what happened when you ran the command instead of saying 'does not run"? if your too dumb not to have database backups then you probably wont have much luck recovering a file.

Hi,

You can try this tool https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by amithad View Post
    and you can try reading the post. oel6.5 uses ext4 which testdisk doesnt support. and the last post was over two months ago. and your suggestion wont work.

other than that, thanks for playing!