Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

best way to disable nouveau

hi guys,

i have googled on how to disable or blacklist nouveau and i dont know the best way to do it and i would like to know your opinions

1st-

edit the line "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX" in file "/etc/default/grub"

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="crashkernel=auto rhgb quiet rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0"'

make a new file "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf" and append 1 line to it

blacklist nouveau

2nd

or make a new file "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf" and append 2 lines to it

blacklist nouveau
    options nouveau modeset=0

what do you think

thanks,
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by robertw View Post
    hi guys,

i have googled on how to disable or blacklist nouveau and i dont know the best way to do it and i would like to know your opinions

1st-

edit the line "GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX" in file "/etc/default/grub"

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="crashkernel=auto rhgb quiet rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau nouveau.modeset=0"'

make a new file "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf" and append 1 line to it

blacklist nouveau

2nd

or make a new file "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf" and append 2 lines to it

blacklist nouveau
    options nouveau modeset=0

what do you think

thanks,
    rob
    i think your a total moron and a spammer. how many forums did you post this question on?

thanks very informative

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    thanks very informative
    thanks for proving my point. you got an answer to this question on two other forums, and you sure havent provided it here have you? dont wonder why your called a spammer and an idiot.

want to come sniffing around for things everywhere, then you should post your answers everywhere you spam with your questions.

mate your too funny, cant take you seriously at all, love it

-->
    mate your too funny, cant take you seriously at all, love it
    yea cant take it seriously. because your an idiot and keep proving you are. gonna share the answers you got? or do you just expect people to keep giving you things and you never have to give back?

answer the questions: how many places did you post this same question and why arent you sharing your answers? or are you too embarrassed to admit your a lazy spamming moron?

and i thought someone who was a mate was a friend? my friends arent lazy or stupid, so that rules you out