Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, i dont know if this has already been answered. if it has, i pray someone point me to the url. well here's my question. i just want to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

themes install

hi all,

i dont know if this has already been answered. if it has, i pray someone point me to the url.

well here's my question.

i just want to know how to install new themes to my fc3 gnome. i was successful in installing the login screen themes, changing wallpapers etc..but i want to make my fc3 gnome look like os x. i had done this on my pc using some theme...xpblinds or something and i want to do something similar on my linux. please help me.

also can someone demystify this metacity, sawfish, windows maker etc etc for me.

Linux Newbie
    To install new themes for your GNOME

www.gnome-look.org
    art.gnome.org

You can download themes from those website and to install the themes I believe they have detail instruction there.

To make your gnome works just like MacOS, you have to install some dock files which I hate to tell you might drag down the performance.

Just Joined!
    i've been to that site before...but i didnt find any 'detailed' instructions on how to install the themes....

the login screen themes are easy to install...i just go to the login screen in the fedora start menu and say install theme pointing to the theme i just downloaded....

but it doesnt work similarly for the themes i am talking about....

also metacity sawfish....????

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

This is how I made my desktop look like Mac OSX