Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anybody have a suggestion on a distro for using coldfusion? Fedora is not supported by macromedia but is my favorite distro....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

coldfusion on fedora?

Anybody have a suggestion on a distro for using coldfusion? Fedora is not supported by macromedia but is my favorite distro.

Just Joined!
    Doesn't macromedia have a list of approved distros for cold fusion?

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldf...ocs/intro6.htm

Have you tried installing cold fusion on Fedora Core? Did it work?

Linux Enthusiast
    It should work on any distro, as long as it is GNU/Linux. Have you tried installing it, there really isn't any reason for it not to work.

Linux Newbie

crossover office

I was recently at crossover office's website and they are listing macromedia mx as a supported application running on linux, (through wine of course.)
    There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come.
    —Victor Hugo

Linux Guru
    From what i remember Coldfusion is fussy about which distro and which libraries and library versions are installed.. If this is for a production machine I wouldnt install it on anything that isnt listed as officially supported as this may affect your ability to get help from the MM support team... BUT if that doesnt bother you, then try it on fedora, you might be lucky You may also need to do a few "tweaks" to make coldfusion *think* its a Redhat machine or something, eg, write out a "/etc/redhat-version" file.

EDIT:
    see THIS thread on the MM support forums.

Just Joined!
    I got coldfusion working on Fedora Core, but I had to install xorg-x11-deprecated-libs package in order to get it to work...

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/we...&enterthread=y

Good luck!