Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install core 3 but my machine keeps hanging here: ide1 BM-DMA at 0x181f, BIOS settings: hdc MA,hdd io any ideas?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

ide1 BM-DMA at 0x181f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA,hdd:pio

I am trying to install core 3 but my machine keeps hanging here:

ide1 BM-DMA at 0x181f, BIOS settings: hdcMA,hddio

any ideas?

Linux Newbie

More Details Please

When you say your machine hangs on that line, are you still on the screen with your bios name at the top or have you got further. If so how far has the install program got. Post the answers here and Ill probably b able to help you.

Linux Newbie

Re: More Details Please

Quote Originally Posted by alancooney
    When you say your machine hangs on that line, are you still on the screen with your bios name at the top or have you got further. If so how far has the install program got. Post the answers here and Ill probably b able to help you.
    it had started the install procedure but would get to that point and hang, after trying a few commands that worked with other installations and still had no sucess i started to scratch my head a wonder "whats different?" and then i realized that i had some usb devices plugged in. after i disconnected everything it stopped hanging. i am actuall in the moddle of istallation(typing from my g/f's Mac)

thank you for the reply but i think i got it