Find the answer to your Linux question:
First things first.. my system is as follows: AMD 64 3200+ Asus K8N-E Deluxe 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro SB Audigy2 ZS Gamer 80gb Seagate SATA 60gb Western Digital IDE UltraDMA ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installed FC3, problems.

First things first.. my system is as follows:

AMD 64 3200+
    Asus K8N-E Deluxe
    128MB Radeon 9800 Pro
    SB Audigy2 ZS Gamer
    80gb Seagate SATA
    60gb Western Digital IDE UltraDMA
    1Gig PDP Systems PC3200

Now my issues are:

Initial installation was fine, my only thing is.. Linux cant detect my SATA drive, maybe because it's NTFS ??

Sound doesn't work, need to DL Linux drivers maybe??

Can't play CounterStrike or other games because they are Windows only.. how can I fix that?

Thanks for any help guys.

DFX
    Just Joined!
    yeah you'll need to change the FS for the NTFS drive.

check that you don't have your sound on mute, type alsamixer (or whatever mixer you have) in the terminal.

and the only way i have found to play games is Transgamers Cedega (formerly called WineX)-- which is 5 dollars a month

Just Joined!
    I just downloaded a file called alsa-driver-1.0.8.tar.bz2 but I'm a total n00b to Linux and have no idea what to do with it.

Just Joined!
    I also cannot get Dual Monitor to work.. its not detecting my model of CRT or LCD and when I try to select generic LCD for my 2nd monitor, I click OK.. it just sits there, doesn't accept the changes..

Linux Newbie
    You should already hava ALSA, the problem with sound is probly that the volume is off as DFX said earlier. Easy way to fix is, In Gnome go to Applications -> Sound & Video -> Volume controll and turn everything up, I meen this even though there is about 100 controls.

If you are sure you don't have ALSA then post again as installation is lengthy and difficult (r it was for me anyway)

What LCD do you have?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by alancooney
    You should already hava ALSA, the problem with sound is probly that the volume is off as DFX said earlier. Easy way to fix is, In Gnome go to Applications -> Sound & Video -> Volume controll and turn everything up, I meen this even though there is about 100 controls.

If you are sure you don't have ALSA then post again as installation is lengthy and difficult (r it was for me anyway)

What LCD do you have?
    It's a Dell E153FP

Linux Newbie

Solution

Ok the monitor should be fine, its not the problem. The problem is probably your graphics card as it doesnt have the most up to date drivers. Instructions for how to install the latest drivers can be found at http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/linuxhowto-ati.html . If this doesn't help or you have already installed this driver then poste again. Btw make sure you get the 64bit proccesor version, as this is what you say your processor is.