Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey, i just bought a new computer, emachine from best buy and installed rh 9 w/ the xp that was already on it. well i installed the rh9 boot loader ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't boot into RH 9 after install

hey, i just bought a new computer, emachine from best buy and installed rh 9 w/ the xp that was already on it. well i installed the rh9 boot loader and it worked once and rh ran fine, i rebooted it thinking the boot loader will come up again and it doesnt..... now i have no way to boot my rh9. my comp didn't come w/ a floppy drive, is there any way i can go in rescue mode and burn a image to a cd to boot my rh9?

Just Joined!

a quiestion

did it come with a single hd or a dual hd?, did you partion your hd before the install?, do you intend to use only rh9 or winxp as well?, if you want try better fedora core 3 is up to date and it is suportted by the open source community, redhat had stopped the support of rh9 but the guys from fedora legacy are working on support for rh9, by the way where did you get your rh9 distro maybe if you get a book can help out solve problems.
    or do a google search or go directly to www.redhat.com on documents.
    i hope you will solve this soon

Just Joined!

Boot from CD

Check if your system can boot from CD, you can check by inserting the Redhat 9 disc 1 and see if it boots from the CD. If it can try reinstalling the boot loader.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close