Find the answer to your Linux question:
Two questions. I setup a FC3 server running off one HD (160 GB Drive) Everything was beautiful and i have it tweaked out and configured how i like. (Sooooooooooooo much ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LVM and software raid

Two questions.

I setup a FC3 server running off one HD (160 GB Drive)

Everything was beautiful and i have it tweaked out and configured how i like.
    (Sooooooooooooo much better than stupid windows that i came from)

Anyway i got a second HD, identical to the first and installed it. I was messing around in Webmin trying to get it formatted and mounted..... got it added to VolGroup00 and got it mounted and formatted with ext3 as /vg00/backup

well then i deleted all the partitions on it one day because i was messing around some more...... so last night i HAD to reboot the server (second time in 6 months) because I needed to swap RAM. When i brought the server back online it kept dishing me out this error message on boot that fsck.ext3 didn't work on /dev/VolGroup00/backup and then it would spit me into a rescue terminal if i entered root pw, otherwise it would reboot and do the same thing. How can i get rid of /backup (which was on hda1) and simply have VolGroup00 contain the physical disk hdb2 and all its logical volumes?

If I get the above answered and the bad boy booting heres question two.

Now that i have that second hard drive, i want to properly set it up as RAId. But all the tutorials and googl'ing i've done only tell me how to setup a raid Mirror array if i do it before installing OS and such. I just wanna set this drive up to mirror the one I already have. All the GUI tools in KDE wont let me do it either.......

Thoughts??

thanks in advanced for any advice or help!

John-Michael

Just Joined!
    bump

Just Joined!
    bump

Just Joined!
    bump