Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok this is a really dumb question but ill ask anyways, on redhat linux version 9.0 which directory is the Kernel directory. I am reading Running Linux 4th Edition and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kernel directory

Ok this is a really dumb question but ill ask anyways, on redhat linux version 9.0 which directory is the Kernel directory. I am reading Running Linux 4th Edition and it tells me that on most distributions the kernel directory is under /usr/scr/linux But when i look under the /usr/src directory i only see a debug folder and not a linux folder. Any one what the problem is??

Just Joined!
    If you are talking about the Redhat Linux kernel source directory, it is in /usr/src/linux. One possible reason that you are not seeing it is because you might not have installed it when you installed redhat.

If you are talking about the kernel binary, this is by default in the /boot directory.

Just Joined!
    i think i might have not installed it. But then again, i am running a dual boot system on my computer that allows me to boot either windows or Redhat Linux. What should i do so i can have that directory?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Your book is exactly right. The reason that you don't have that directory however is due to the fact that you don't have the kernel-source installed :P You can get the latest kernel-source from http://www.kernel.org/