Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I did it and know it says root@localhost. I tried opening k3b but it still wont detect my cd burner. Is thier any other cd burning programs for linux?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I did it and know it says root@localhost. I tried opening k3b but it still wont detect my cd burner. Is thier any other cd burning programs for linux?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow322
    I did it and know it says root@localhost. I tried opening k3b but it still wont detect my cd burner. Is thier any other cd burning programs for linux?
    Well... since k3b doesn't need any configuration in 2.6, that really should work.
    So you did the following:
    *open a terminal
    *become root (su <enter> )
    *as root(in the same terminal), type k3b.

Being root, you have full power.
    It shouldn't even ask for your CD drive.
    If this didn't work, just post wathever error message you got in your terminal.

Is thier any other cd burning programs for linux?
    Many, but they all use the same underlying tools...

PS: It's also possible to run Nero using Wine.
    PS PS: I take you're trying to burn a music or movie CD, cause if you're not, you can simply use nautilus.

Just Joined!
    if all you want to do is "get back to windows" why do you need to burn a cd? are you trying to back up data? see if someone will give you a copy of knoppix since you can't burn one yourself. That will detect your cd burner and has K3B preconfigured. oh and another option that you might consider is using X-cdroast found under system tools labled CD Writer.
    --Jeff--

Just Joined!
    you can use nautalus to burn a cd. wow. I hate gnome. can I do that with konquer too?
    --Jeff--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2