Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know what is happening but I'm having a sudden problem with Outlook 2003 connecting to POP3. Task 'My Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

outlook pop3 issue...very urgent please

I don't know what is happening but I'm having a sudden problem with Outlook 2003 connecting to POP3.

Task 'My Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I confirmed its not the ISP nor my Linksys router. I can send SMTP but not receive POP3.

Steps in ssh:

/scripts/exim4 --force
    /scripts/fixnamed
    /scripts/fixbuggynamed
    /scripts/fixcommonproblems
    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf

root@server [/etc/init.d]# ./exim restart

I flushed my APF and iptables. I've even uninstalled Norton Antivirus and disabled Xp firewall temporarily, restarted computer / modem / router.

I cannot seem to find the issue on the server itself either.

Anyone know?

Linux Engineer
    This is an error that could simply be created bu Outlook itself. the "quickest" troubleshooting step, would be to re-create an email profile. simply delete this one, and "redonfigure" with same setings.
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Newbie
    Tried that, didn't fix it

Linux Engineer
    Do you host the Pop3 server?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Newbie
    Yes, its my own dedicated Apache server with cPanel