Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been unable to find any helpful tutorials for this. Can anyone tell me how to install Fedora2 from the command line. I'm running SUSE right now and it won't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installing Linux From Files On The Hard Drive. How?

I've been unable to find any helpful tutorials for this. Can anyone tell me how to install Fedora2 from the command line. I'm running SUSE right now and it won't let me use anything but the command line (due to bad updates). i've been wanting to install Fedora2 for a while, the OSI files have been sitting on my desktop for quite some time, now i have more reason to use them.

tfk
    Linux Newbie
    The best way to install it is to write the ISO files to CD-Rs and to install it from them. The LinuxGazette has an article about how to burn ISO files from command line using cdrecord. The CD writing HOWTO is also a good resource on that.

You could also mount them and try to install from command line, but I doubt that it is possible with Fedoras anaconda.

Good luck!
    --LC
    it\'s !Linux; it\'s GNU/Linux!
    [XBill] [GNU] [Viewable with Any Browser] [Drop me a mail]

i can't burn the files though, their on my Linux box already so it will be much easier then downloading again on another computer.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close