Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hye guys i got linux RHEL 3 with my acer laptop, i formatted it and installed windows XP and then tried a clean installation of the same linux.. but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer 4002

Hye guys i got linux RHEL 3 with my acer laptop, i formatted it and installed windows XP and then tried a clean installation of the same linux.. but when i access the sound properties it hangs.. i mean my system jhangs.. what can be the problem it takes the default soundcard as for 852 card but my motherboard is 855. do u think that might be the problem..

with regards,

Just Joined!

Re: Acer 4002

Quote Originally Posted by arunragavan
    Hye guys i got linux RHEL 3 with my acer laptop, i formatted it and installed windows XP and then tried a clean installation of the same linux.. but when i access the sound properties it hangs.. i mean my system jhangs.. what can be the problem it takes the default soundcard as for 852 card but my motherboard is 855. do u think that might be the problem..

with regards,
    I would disable it in the bios at boot time, then remove the configuration files when it prompts you. See if the system runs ok, then search for a updated driver or you may need to download a updated kernel. Then re-enable the onboard sound in the bios, load the driver again and see if it works ok.