Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Fedora core 3 running, and I'm interested in giving my normal user login access to system-config-network so I may initiate a dialup connection to the internet. How might ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

system-config-network requires root password

I have Fedora core 3 running, and I'm interested in giving my normal user login access to system-config-network so I may initiate a dialup connection to the internet. How might this be done? Thanks for any help anyone may give.

Linux Newbie
    in the system-config-network window, select your appropriate device, then select Edit from the toolbar above. In the window tht opens, in the general tab, select "Allow all users to enable and disable the device". tht shud do it.

P.S. you can also select "Activate device when computer starts", if its NOT selected already.

Linux Enthusiast
    There is also the "system-config-network" option from the Systemtools menu (since I'm using the Dutch language, I'm not sure what the program is called... Network Device Controle?). That doesn't require root access and will enable you to connect to the internet via dailup.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Prosen, I tried that, but the box was already checked. Boba Fett, using the app Network Device Control under System Tools works fine. Thank you both!

Linux Newbie
    well cheechwiz, if that box was NOT checked you couldnt have activated your dialup connection from Network Device Control as normal user. Thats what happens on my system. So actually I forgot to mention Network Device Control, but you have to do both.