Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Can someone tell me what is the best free software for burning music? It does no appear that this distro comes with any. Thank you....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cd Burn software

Can someone tell me what is the best free software for burning music? It does no appear that this distro comes with any. Thank you.

Linux Enthusiast

Re: Cd Burn software

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    Can someone tell me what is the best free software for burning music? It does no appear that this distro comes with any. Thank you.
    Fedora comes with K3b, it can burn ogg-music files to cd (create an audio-cd with it). When installing Fedora, check the "music and video" section. By default, K3b isn't installed (although it is listed as a "KDE" package, it does work under Gnome).

If you want to burn mp3 files as an audio-cd, K3b won't accept these files "out of the box". It can be be done, but you'll need check the K3b site and/or Google on that

Just Joined!
    Thank you. I was hoping to find something that would burn everything. CD's, MP3's, Or maybe even get Nero Burning Rom to run on Linux. And I was hoping to burn some iso immages of a different Linux distro. Well, thanks again for the help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    K3b will do whatever you wished in your previous post. I have been using it for last 8 months, i must say very fine piece of software it is.

If you want K3B to have mp3 support (for audio cd's that will play in regular cd players), you will have to install k3b-mp3, but that's the only snag. K3B is my favorite cd/dvd burning application.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat...rg%20RPMS.html
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

well if you want easy you want gui k3b but if you want cli then there is cdtoaster cd roaster cdrecord and a host of others
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

I was wondering when a cli comment was gonna show up
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Thank you so much for the info.

Any ideas on one that will burn .iso images?

K3b again

Click on "Tools", go to "CD" and click on "Burn CD Image" (there's also a tool for DVD images in "Tools")

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    K3b again

Click on "Tools", go to "CD" and click on "Burn CD Image" (there's also a tool for DVD images in "Tools")
    Thanks man. YOU ROCK!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast