Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I am realy new to Fedora (Linux). Have worked with redhat before, but it's little time a go... I have problems with my Abit KV8 MAX3 motherboard with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Soundproblems with my Abit KV8 MAX3

Hi.

I am realy new to Fedora (Linux). Have worked with redhat before, but it's little time a go...

I have problems with my Abit KV8 MAX3 motherboard with the integrated sound-card. I uses the S/PDIF out. Fedora tells me tthat everything is ok, but I have no sound. Any Ideas? Is there any way to check manualy to see if all is ok? Do I have to use the regular audio connectors instead of S/PDIF.

Thanx In advance.

Best Regards
    Richard

dunno but i use the S/PDIF out. and in on my Abit KV8pro
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!

Re: Soundproblems with my Abit KV8 MAX3

Quote Originally Posted by rich1974
    Hi.

I am realy new to Fedora (Linux). Have worked with redhat before, but it's little time a go...

I have problems with my Abit KV8 MAX3 motherboard with the integrated sound-card. I uses the S/PDIF out. Fedora tells me tthat everything is ok, but I have no sound. Any Ideas? Is there any way to check manualy to see if all is ok? Do I have to use the regular audio connectors instead of S/PDIF.

Thanx In advance.

Best Regards
    Richard
    Have you tried to disable the onboard sound, rebooting and removing the config then re-enabling and letting it configure it again?

Or you can try to re-configure the sound card then, lastly turn the volume up high and see if it works then. Then it must be a module problem and you need to update the driver.