Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Burning Fedora 3 ??

I have downloaded fed3 from redhat. I downloaded iso 1,2,3 & 4. I want to know the correct way to burn these iso so they become bootable. I read the redhat instructions but they are not clear. I have burn linux cds in the past but they were never bootable. Im currently using easy cd creator 5. I choose to make a bootable cd option but for some reason the linux cds are not bootable. Do i have to extract these iso? or change the format ??Can some help me with this issue?

The 1st ISO should be bootable. Look here for more info.

Linux Engineer
    First, you need to burn the "image" into a real format...
    the iso is like a zipped file. If you cd content is the actual ISO, then it wont work.
    I suggest using CloneCD, Nero, Alcohol... to burn the iso.

Then into your BIOS, you simply select the boot option to laod the cdrom first.
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps
    First, you need to burn the "image" into a real format...
    the iso is like a zipped file. If you cd content is the actual ISO, then it wont work.
    I suggest using CloneCD, Nero, Alcohol... to burn the iso.

Then into your BIOS, you simply select the boot option to laod the cdrom first.

How do I change it to a real format?????

i'm not sure about easy cd creator, but nero has an option to "burn image' that's all you need to do, no extracting

Linux Engineer
    If you cant get your hands on anything other then Creator, get a tool called
    DEAMON TOOL... it'll simulate a cd. You will be able to load the iso in memory and copy cd-to-cd from creator... DEAMON simulates a CDROM with the actual content of the iso... that can work good for your actual configuration
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps