Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is fedora 3 as secure as redhat 9. Ive just downloaded it but i would like to know if it is as secure and stable as redhat 9?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Fedora 3

Is fedora 3 as secure as redhat 9. Ive just downloaded it but i would like to know if it is as secure and stable as redhat 9?

Stable I can't answer (it's often subjective and depends on what you use the machine for). As for secure, Fedora pretty much has to be more secure than RedHat 9, since there haven't been any security updates available for RH9 for almost a year now.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar

Re: Fedora 3

Quote Originally Posted by duster
    Is fedora 3 as secure as redhat 9. Ive just downloaded it but i would like to know if it is as secure and stable as redhat 9?
    I had rh9 on my lab. computer and it is really nice. On my box I have fedora 3 and I feel it is a bit unstable esp. when it comes to more than 6 applications. Although it is said that in such matters it is always best to try out the distro yourself and who knows perhaps you can solve my problem
    good luck!!
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close