Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I have looked and looked and seems nothing will work. I personally get no mic problems, but my freind is. He got an error a little while ago and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mic Problems : / (Fedora)

Well I have looked and looked and seems nothing will work. I personally get no mic problems, but my freind is. He got an error a little while ago and no sound work. Then he messed with sound controler and got sound working, but can not get mic working at all anymore. He forgot the error. So one can we look up that error? Two is there a way to restore sound settings on Fedora Core 3? Possilbe ways to fix his mic settings? He said before he did not have to have rec checked on mic for it to work, but now if it is checked or not it wont work.
    Saw these commands around but not sure if he tryed them if they would work. But even if it did he can not get mic to work so isnt alasctl store usless if it don't work to start with. Will apprciate any help guys thanks a lot. Ill still be searching around, but im pretty sure we have tried most of the possilbe solutions out there. So know I am just trying to figure out to push his settings back,
    #alsactl store
    #chmod 666 /dev/dsp*
    #reboot

Just Joined!
    Umm : / No idea