Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently i have got a dvd which has 4 isos of FC3......i want to install fc3 from the dvd or from my hard disk...i have searched on the net and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FC3 installation From Hard Disk

Recently i have got a dvd which has 4 isos of FC3......i want to install fc3 from the dvd or from my hard disk...i have searched on the net and i found ways to install Fedora Core with a bootable floppy from hard disk.....but the problem is i have thrown away my floppy drive a long time ago.....so can any body suggest me a way by which i can install fc3.

Just Joined!
    Well I'm no damn Linux Guru but first of all, If you have a second harddrive, I recommend changing it to FAT32 so that you dont need the NFTS RPM which sucks period. Second of all if you burned this DVD already with the whole FC3 in it just put it in ur cd and restart the setup should boot up automatically. If you havnt then get on it, now if you do not have a DVD Burner I recommend going here and read up a bit to see which it is exactly that you need. If you do not want to read tell me some of ur PC Specs and I can help ya out better. Once you burn those 4 CD's for FC3 put the 1st CD in restart and it will install for you.

sumeet, if you have more than one cd drive on the computer, e.g. one cd/rw, and one dvd, try and use this floppy image, and burn it to cd, boot from it, and then let it select the dvd drive.

I'm not 100% sure that this will work, but it is worth a try.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    dylunio is pro at this ****, right now I can hear music cuz of him lol

Dylunio hmm, would you like a site?