Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am a complete noob. Can't run my Viewmaster JP577 17" LCD on RH 7.3. I have my Hor and Vert Sync as specified by mfg but the actual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Viewmaster 17" LCD with RedHat

Hi,
    I am a complete noob.
    Can't run my Viewmaster JP577 17" LCD on RH 7.3.
    I have my Hor and Vert Sync as specified by mfg but the actual device is not a standard device in RedHat.
    This problem prevents me from getting X
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Jason

Banned
    is that a samsung?

Banned
    is that a samsung?
    crt?

Just Joined!

Same Problem

Hi,
    I get the same problem. I'm running a CRT Viewsonic EV700 Monitor and have Fedora Core 3 installed. The install works fine on my regular monitor, a Viewsonic E790, but when I switch to this backup monitor, the CRT flashes Feq out of Sync. How can I set stuff if I can't enter XWindows?

Banned

Re: Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ExarKun
    Hi,
    I get the same problem. I'm running a CRT Viewsonic EV700 Monitor and have Fedora Core 3 installed. The install works fine on my regular monitor, a Viewsonic E790, but when I switch to this backup monitor, the CRT flashes Feq out of Sync. How can I set stuff if I can't enter XWindows?
    you dont need to go into xwindows if you are familure with the command line

my plan (when i was scared of the big black screen) was to dl and burn a small live distro, i used puppy linux

Hi,
    YOu can read your /etc/X11/xorg.conf with
    Code:
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    and you can edit it with
    Code:
    su
    [rootpass]
    vim /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    then press the i key and edit the refreshrates to the same ones as your monitor, then press Esc and then :w to save and :q to exit.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Hi,
    Your sync ranges and default resolutions are in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. You can edit it as root user using any command-line editor. Unlike dylunio, however, I would *NEVER* recommend using Vi to a new user. Pico or Nano are much simpler and include the keyboard shortcuts on the actual screen. Nothing personal, just preference.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Thanks a billion. Editing the file fixed the problem.

Now, can someone walk me through installing Crafty, a chess engine?