Find the answer to your Linux question:
If I download for example apache or any other software in source code format. can i convert them and change them to RPM format and then double click and install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

RPM Conversion

If I download for example apache or any other software in source code format. can i convert them and change them to RPM format and then double click and install the software like i would the packages on the redhat cds??

I'm sure it is possible to do this, but it is muchmore hasstle than just installing via source, why do you want to do this? are you haveing problems compiling from source?

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dylunio
    I'm sure it is possible to do this, but it is muchmore hasstle than just installing via source, why do you want to do this? are you haveing problems compiling from source?

dylunio

No ,but i was just wondering if it would make the installation easier. Since all I would have to do in double click!

Trick is, it's not easy to properly construct an RPM. You'd be better off just installing from source (if rpmfind.net doesn't have an rpm for it).
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson