Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I installed fedora core 3 on a sony vaio notebook. Eveything went fine, however, the max resolution i get is 800x600. If i go to the display settings, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

probs with display in fedora core 3...

Hi,

I installed fedora core 3 on a sony vaio notebook. Eveything went fine, however, the max resolution i get is 800x600. If i go to the display settings, it detects a ati radeon 9600 M10, while my card is a ati radeon mobility 9700, and I cant find this card in the available list. How can I solve this prob?

Thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    There should be a very simple way to fix this. Just open your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file with your favorite editor, find the section called
    Code:
    Section "Screen"
    and under that the one that says something like
    Code:
    Modes 800x600
    and change this to whatever resolution you want, you can also add more resolutions in a space seperated list, whose precedence is determined left to right, those at the left havin higher precedence than those at the right, so that it looks something like this:
    Code:
    Modes 1280x1024 1024x768 800x600
    You can also cycle through these with Ctrl+Alt+(+/-). Also make sure that you are using the radeon driver. Find the driver line in the device section and make sure that it says
    Code:
    Driver "radeon"
    Hope this helps, oh, and, don't _ever_ use the ATI driver fglrx, it sucks.

Just Joined!
    thank you!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close