Find the answer to your Linux question:
i got 4 computers from a surplus sale, i noticed after i got them they said os: red hat!!! im use to running windows XP. i have had it on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I NEED HELP WITH RED HAT VERSION 2.4.18-14 !!

i got 4 computers from a surplus sale, i noticed after i got them they said os: red hat!!! im use to running windows XP. i have had it on for 30 minitues and i HAD NO IDEA what i was doing!!! i need some basic help, please. one more question, can i install programs and games that i use on windows? and how do i uninstall programs (if i can)? where do i get games and programs that will work on red hat? pleez help me!!

Just Joined!
    Windows Programs and Games:

Yes, there is either a Linux equivalent (M$ Office = Open Office) or there is a Linux port. Depending on what type of games you play, there is most likely a Linux port (CounterStrike, Doom III, etc.) if not there are ways to get them working.

Uninstalling programs:

See this topic.

Programs and games that work on red hat:

What type of programs? Media players? IM? CD ripping/burning? Let us know and we can point you in the right direction.

For basic starters, there are tons of tutorials out there. This one is particular to Debian/GNU linux, but is still very good:

http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/toc.html

Good luck.

Just Joined!
    thank you!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close