Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have started the build process in a lab of a Linux Terminal Server and Client. The Server is properly supplying a DHCP address to the client which I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LTSP almost there..

I have started the build process in a lab of a Linux Terminal Server and Client. The Server is properly supplying a DHCP address to the client which I can ping.

I am using a CD with Boot.iso, when prompted for the Server Address or name I enter the server's IP-Address and the File path to the kernal and I get the following error message:

"That Directory does not seem to contain A Fedora Core Installation Tree"

Am I wrong to assume that the Core Installation Tree is configured during the install and basic config of LTSP. I have configured each item using "ltspadmin" and "ltspcfg."

Can anyone help???????

Just Joined!

Re: LTSP almost there..

Quote Originally Posted by dwyman
    I have started the build process in a lab of a Linux Terminal Server and Client. The Server is properly supplying a DHCP address to the client which I can ping.

I am using a CD with Boot.iso, when prompted for the Server Address or name I enter the server's IP-Address and the File path to the kernal and I get the following error message:

"That Directory does not seem to contain A Fedora Core Installation Tree"

Am I wrong to assume that the Core Installation Tree is configured during the install and basic config of LTSP. I have configured each item using "ltspadmin" and "ltspcfg."

Can anyone help???????

I have resolved the problem. The problem was in the "Filename:" line entry in the dhcpd.conf file.