Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello -- I have a 10.3.8 server providing authentication and directory services to OS X, XP and 2000 machines. Just this week, I decided to begin using a Linux (FC4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Clients with Mac OS 10.3.8 Server

Hello --

I have a 10.3.8 server providing authentication and directory services to OS X, XP and 2000 machines.

Just this week, I decided to begin using a Linux (FC4 T3) client with the server. I've instructed the client to use the 10.3.8 server for authentication by using Fedora's "Authentication Configuration" app. Now, when I log into the Fedora client using an account whose home directory is shared via NFS, I get the message:

Your home directory is listed as: (the correct path), but it does not appear to exist.

It seems to me that this home directory is not being exported to the client, and therefore the client can't find it.

Would anyone have time to explain to me how to get this to work? The more detail, the better.

Thanks!

P.S. When I try to mount the home directory manually using mount -t nfs (path) (dir), I get message saying that the server denied permission for this mount.

Just Joined!

Solved!

Hey everyone --

I found a solution, and now my FC box authenticates to/gets home dirs from an OS X server. It basically just required me to edit my fstab file and tweak permissions. For much more detail, look at:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/we...vY.0@.68aed08e

-- Matt