Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all: here's a twist on things... i have a fedora 3 box set up behind a linksys router which is designated as dhcp (the router is dhcp). i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HELP PLEASE i cannot ftp files to a fedora 3 box behind router

hi all:

here's a twist on things... i have a fedora 3 box set up behind a linksys router which is designated as dhcp (the router is dhcp). i am trying to set up and serve content and specified a static IP on the router which passes through and accesses my linux box (see: http://24.166.228.140/ ) and does serve a basic page to the web. i will run subdirectories for the limited stuff i'll be doing.

question: when i ftp into the box through the linksys router, i cannot put any files. i am able to cp files with a terminal window, but i cannot get transfer them with wsFTP or smartFTP on a windows box. i can browse and view the directories and actually get a fast login. i have checked permissions and they are '755' on var/www/html but when i try to move the files, i cannot.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
    john

Just Joined!

FTP Problem

Greetings,

Can u tell me which FTP Package have you installed and configured. If I am able to uderstand correctly you are not able to put any files when you are using it thru the windows client right?

Regards