Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux. It is up and working fine. Just when I try to run "up2date". I get "The system may not be updated until it is associated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with updates

I am new to linux. It is up and working fine. Just when I try to run "up2date". I get "The system may not be updated until it is associated with a channel". I am not even sure where to start looking. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    In a console/terminal, try running su -c 'yum -y update'. When it says password it's asking for the root user's password.

The only thing I've found up2date useful for is getting the GPG key (what's used to identify what packages you're installing) for RedHat's packages. Up2date is pretty unstable.

I found that up2date has a lot of repeat stuff that was in the disk allready and yum helps a lot 2 i did dl 3 things that were new and not on the disk Rob

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    i use up2date but i agree it is very unstable. the best thing to do is just to ignore it while its doing its stuff. ive never had a problem with it then. if your using FC4t3 then thats why its not working. wait for the official release