Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed FC3 on a brand new computer with intel motherboard, I did it in text mode.Now, when I started the computer it just freezes at the login, my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cAN'T START FEDORA CORE 3

I just installed FC3 on a brand new computer with intel motherboard, I did it in text mode.Now, when I started the computer it just freezes at the login, my mouse and key board , so I can not login or use it. What can I do now ?

Linux Engineer
    It looks like X (the program that displays all graphics on the screen) doesn't support your mouse and keyboard. I'm pretty sure you're outta luck

Just Joined!
    I don't think so, I thought the Fedore projrct succeds RH, I installed RH9 on the same machine, it works just fine.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by strudl
    I don't think so, I thought the Fedore projrct succeds RH, I installed RH9 on the same machine, it works just fine.
    I heard that that RH9 is stabler than FC project. Some of the things that works in RH9 are not working in FC. Just what I heard but haven't personally encounter such problems.

Just Joined!
    when you start up into the login screen, can you click fail safe terminal?

If so, then it is GNOME or KDE and X erroring up with your keyboard and mouse.

I would try another keyboard and mouse if you have them lying around somewhere just to test it out to see if it works