Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't seem to rememebr how to setup ssh. I have a fresh fedora core 3 install and all I want to do is set it up so I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Setting up ssh on fedora

I can't seem to rememebr how to setup ssh. I have a fresh fedora core 3 install and all I want to do is set it up so I can ssh into it from anywheres.

sshd is running, and I can ssh to it from itself, but if I use another computer I just get a "no route to host" error. So I assumed I simply had to change its listen addres. I went to /etc/ssh and edited the sshd_config file then restarted the sshd service. I think I had to rebuild sshd or something after but I don't remember how.

It's a completely fresh install of fedora core 3 besides form the fact that I uncommented the "listenaddress 0.0.0.0" line in the sshd_config file.

Someone please help me to get this work. Thanks in advance

Linux Engineer
    The Fedora firewall is probably blocking its access. Try running system-security-level (I think that was it) and change the security level to medium, or low.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Linux Newbie
    Thanks, I tottally forgot to adjust iptables to allow ssh. That fixed it.

Now I got a new problem though. It complains about the keys when I connect remotely and won't let me in. I don't care about keys. I just want to ssh into the stupid thing and give it a user name and password for an account on that computer but it's *****ing about keys. I'm not going to go and copy the stupid keys onto all the computers I might want to connect from. Is there some easy way to fix this so I can just connect from any comp? I could swear by default I never had to mess with that before.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    Thanks, I tottally forgot to adjust iptables to allow ssh. That fixed it.

Now I got a new problem though. It complains about the keys when I connect remotely and won't let me in. I don't care about keys. I just want to ssh into the stupid thing and give it a user name and password for an account on that computer but it's *****ing about keys. I'm not going to go and copy the stupid keys onto all the computers I might want to connect from. Is there some easy way to fix this so I can just connect from any comp? I could swear by default I never had to mess with that before.
    this is because the key matchinbg to the ip has changes
    you need to delete it
    when it comes up on the cliant it will sya a file
    just
    rm
    it

Linux Engineer
    In Windows I don't know which is the file you have to delete, in UNIX-like systems it's ~/.ssh/known_hosts.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Linux Newbie

Thanks

Thanks guys, I got everything wokring now. I really need to use linux more, I keep forgetting the little I do know.