Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to upgrade my Fedora Core 2 by using apt-get upgrade command here but by doing this, I got this error below: Code: Checking GPG signatures... Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/xorg-x11-libs_6.7.0-14_i386.rpm: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

apt-get upgrade errors

I'm trying to upgrade my Fedora Core 2 by using apt-get upgrade command here but by doing this, I got this error below:

Code:
    Checking GPG signatures...
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/xorg-x11-libs_6.7.0-14_i386.rpm: (SHA1) DSA SHA1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/foomatic_3.0.1-3.1_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-devel_6%3a3.2.2-14.FC2_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/samba_0%3a3.0.10-1.fc2_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/kdegraphics_7%3a3.2.2-1.4_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org_1.1.3-9.4.0.fc2_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    Unknown signature /var/cache/apt/archives/openoffice.org-libs_1.1.3-9.4.0.fc2_i386.rpm: (sha1) dsa sha1 MD5 GPG NOT OK
    E: Error(s) while checking package signatures:
    0 unsigned package(s)
    7 package(s) with unknown signatures
    0 package(s) with illegal/corrupted signatures
    Does anyone know where went wrong ?

i have tried apt-get with suse, and it doesn't work. says its not found.

it worked when i had clark connect.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    Woops, I have got something wrong again ... due to the problem on the above, I tried and downloaded a package
    Code:
    xorg-x11-libs-6.7.0-14.i386.rpm
    and updated this package by using this command
    Code:
    rpm -Uvh xorg-x11-libs-6.7.0-14.i386.rpm
    Then the output of apt-get upgrade changed to this
    Code:
    E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the download directory
    It seems the situation is getting worse now.
    Got any solutions for this ?

Linux User
    Not sure if this will help or not, but try typing in a terminal/command line:

Code:
    rpm --import http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Pre-Extras
    Found it using Google (Good thing to use when you get stuck...)

As for APT and SuSE, it works like a charm. I haven't had any major problems with it yet.

Hope this helps.

--EDIT--

Forgot to add: make sure you are doing this all as root, even for the second problem you're having.

Just Joined!
    [quote="soulbrothax831"]Not sure if this will help or not, but try typing in a terminal/command line:

Code:
    rpm --import http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Pre-Extras
    This is the output of this command:
    Code:
    warning: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages

Linux User
    Are you executing it as root or a regular user?

Code:
    su
    <enter root password>

Just Joined!
    root. I have changed the previlige to super user already.

Linux User
    Hmm, then I'm not too sure what it could be, sorry. Does it give you any errors when you do apt-get update?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by soulbrothax831
    Hmm, then I'm not too sure what it could be, sorry. Does it give you any errors when you do apt-get update?
    NO, all I have got was just like the ouput of the first post ... don't really know where went wrong. Jus stopped upgrading the packages and jump back to the command prompt.