Find the answer to your Linux question:
For a same site, I always have slower browsing experience than on Windows. It seems the browser (Mozilla/Firefox) dowloads things much slower than it does on Windows. I have noticed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Browsing speed slower than on Windows

For a same site, I always have slower browsing experience than on Windows. It seems the browser (Mozilla/Firefox) dowloads things much slower than it does on Windows.

I have noticed this problem for a long time. I started using Fedora since its first release. At first, I thought it's because I was new to Linux and had not done things in correct ways. But with FC4 installed, I feel this is might be something with the system itself.

I want to know if my experience is common or I am the only person that suffers. And is there any solutions to my problem. Thanks.

If you have a fast internet commection (broadband) you might want to check out this tutorial: http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=10502
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    I notice that Firefox is slightly slower on my box and it has been for the last few releases, whereas it used to be that it was much faster than Windows/Firefox. The difference is so small, however, that I don't pay much attention to it.

Actually, Mozilla seems to run faster than Firefox for me.