Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: libm.so.1

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

libm.so.1

hey all,

simple question. im running a remote dedicated server with red hat 9. im using it for games and stuff but im having a problem running the battlefield 2 server. when i screen it or ./start.sh it it gives me an error of a messing file, libm.so.1 (error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory). i was wondering where to get the file. i had an error before this that was missing the libstdc++.so.5, but i found a download of that and installed it. now im looking for this file. any links to places that might have it is welcome

thanks,

Linux Engineer
    HI, if I'm correct I already posted on your thread about libstdc++.so.5. Downloading an older library if there is already a more recent version available on your system is a waste of space and is only polluting your system - why don't you simply create a symlink?

Anyway, you'll be able to solve dependencies here: rpm.pbone.net
    Debian Jessie x86_64 & armhf :: LibreELEC is the solution for your Linux-based HTPC setups.

hey thanks for the reply. no you didnt post on my thread ealier because i just joined the forums to post this question. im a newb to linux and i dont know what your talking about when you said to create a symlink. and the file im looking for wasnt on the rpm.pbone.net. but thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Ok, then it was someone else's. Anyway, I googled for your file, some results, but no downloads apparently...

Which distro are you running? (Edit: sorry, just saw it's RH9 ). Is Yum available for RH9? If yes, try looking for your file with Yum.
    Debian Jessie x86_64 & armhf :: LibreELEC is the solution for your Linux-based HTPC setups.

i googled yum and found some results for rd9, so to fix my problem im going to have to upgrade to fc4?

can anyone just send me the file through email? adikts@gmail.com

Linux Engineer
    If yum found some results, can't you browse manually to the repositories they're in, download the rpms, and extract them?

ok redhat has yum, but im a complet noob to linux and have no idea what it does or how to use it.

Pleas Help

how to download "libm.so.1" file for R.H linux ent

Thnx

Praveen