Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone happen to have a copy of RedHat 5.2. An iso would be nice, but I'll take anything. I have an old laptop, 233(or so) mhz, 32 mb ram, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help finding RedHat 5.2 iso..

Anyone happen to have a copy of RedHat 5.2. An iso would be nice, but I'll take anything. I have an old laptop, 233(or so) mhz, 32 mb ram, and a 2 gig hd and I read that some body got X to run on it using that version. The exact model is a CTX Ezbook 700E. I'd like to run linux on it instead of the crappy, unstabe, win98.

Thanks.

Linux User
    Check out Damn Small Linux.
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Here's what a Google search for (surprise, surprise) "redhat 5.2 iso" turned up:

http://redhat.lsu.edu/dist/5.2/iso/

Are you sure you can't just use Fedora Core 4 but with a XFCE or IceWM? Later versions of distros will usually give you less trouble.

Just Joined!

Also looking for RedHat 5.2

I'm also looking for RedHat 5.2, but the lsu.edu url just 404s. I need it because I remember that SCO OpenServer 5.x.x binaries used to run on it, and I need to run one.

Just Joined!

Found it, but it's iso-it-yourself time

I've found all the old RedHats.

ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pu....2/en/os/i386/

You can download the whole tree and organise the files into however many CDs are needed, then use mkisofs to create the iso filesystem (with eltorito, to make a CD which is bootable from the floppy image).

Otherwise, if anyone wants, I'll make the new ISOs available on the internet.

Just Joined!
    Ah, thanks for that link. I lost my disc 1 of 7.3. I searched all over for the iso and ran into nothing but not found errors...lol