Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm posting this here since RH/Fedora is the closest I could find to CentOS. Does anyone know where I can find an FTP download (not BitTorrent) of CentOS 4.1? Thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CentOS DVD download

I'm posting this here since RH/Fedora is the closest I could find to CentOS.

Does anyone know where I can find an FTP download (not BitTorrent) of CentOS 4.1?

Thanks.

Just Joined!

Re: Here is a asian ftp mirrors list :)

Thanks, but they have only the torrents. I want a DVD FTP ISO download.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    You probably won't find a DVD image that doesn't come on Torrent. You must realize how much stress a ton of people downloading a file the size of a DVD puts on servers. It's very expensive.

You might be able to download the 4 ISOs and put them together onto a DVD.. I seem to remember someone posting a How-To on this...
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    If he's gonna do that then there's no point in building a DVD afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    If he's gonna do that then there's no point in building a DVD afterwards.
    Not necessarily. I for one would rather have my larger distros on one DVD rather than 4 CDs, but since I'm at work and BitTorrent is blocked, I can't download the torrent for the DVD. Therefore to combine the 4 CDs onto a DVD would be useful....to me.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Didn't you say you don't have internet access Moe? That's pretty sad, at least I have 33k dialup

Didn't you say you don't have internet access Moe? That's pretty sad, at least I have 33k dialup
    At home, yes. Well.. I have dialup but that's useless for downloading large files. At work I can at least download ISOs, but not bittorrents. I'm going to stop this line of conversation though because I've hijacked this thread.

To the original poster, stick around. I'm almost positive someone recently posted a way to turn 4 ISOs into one bootable DVD.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    At home, yes. Well.. I have dialup but that's useless for downloading large files. At work I can at least download ISOs, but not bittorrents. I'm going to stop this line of conversation though because I've hijacked this thread.

To the original poster, stick around. I'm almost positive someone recently posted a way to turn 4 ISOs into one bootable DVD.
    Probably. But is it a reliable source? Does the hack actually work? Does it require cheesy software to do it?
    I have proven you wrong, Moe. I've downloaded the entire Fedora Core 3 distribution on 33k and I'm working on the entire Fedora Core 4 distribution. You see, I am very frugal, and I take advantage of the monthly payment I have for my phone company. I don't pay anything like 5 cents a minute. Just 50 dollars a month gets me phone access and I don't need to worry about the amount of time I spend online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast