Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there: can anyone help me? I have a NetVista IBM with an integrated video card Intel 82845G/GL and Monitor E74 but when I set it to 1024x728 and 16 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy having graphic problems with Netvista IBM and suse 10.0

Hi there: can anyone help me? I have a NetVista IBM with an integrated video card Intel 82845G/GL and Monitor E74 but when I set it to 1024x728 and 16 millions colors Sax2 (using Suse Linux 10.0) say in the test mode that it can't be, even Suse recognized monitor and graphic card correctly, on windows XP works well. Thanks !!!

::Moderator Note:: This thread was broken off from another. Please start your own threads. We aren't so desperate for space that you must piggyback off long dead ones. -TM
    Last edited by techieMoe; 06-05-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Just Joined!

NetVista issues

I'm also seeing graphics problems on a NetVista, limited to 800x600 screen. And if the machine sets around for a while I get s...l...o...w login response, both at console and to a ssh. Basically I have to boot the machine to clear it up.

Anyone else seeing problems on these machines? I'm using FC5.
    -Kirk

Just Joined!

Same

I have teh exact same problem with my netvista and fc5... runs okay for a day then slows RIGHT down.

Others with ibm desktops from that era have been having this problem too...

Its isolated to fc5 though, fc4 and 3 do not exhibit this behavior.

edit: oh and tepuyes... your problem is that you need to set your onboard video ram size to 8mb in teh bios.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    And, in case you don't get over to the fedoraforum in the previous link, thundergod989 found the following on the IBM site concerning a critical BIOS update:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...&sitestyle=ibm

It's not clear whether applying this patch solves the problem (one of us crashed again sometime after 20+ hours, my system is still running after 27 hours), but it seems worth doing.