Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am created a executable jar file in windows.when I clicks on that file it will execute and do my task.I just copied the same file into Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

executing jar files

Hi All,
    I am created a executable jar file in windows.when I clicks on that file it will execute and do my task.I just copied the same file into Linux os and try todo the same thing.But when I click on that file its just unzipping and showing the files.Then I created a executable jar file in Linux itself and try todo the same thing I faced the same problem.How to make it execute when I click on that jar file?the same file executing using
    java -jar test.jar.

I want that it should run when I clicks on that jar file.

Just guessing here since I don't really know much about jar files and can only approach it from the point of what I would do if I couldn't get a java app to run. The first thing I'd assume is that java wasn't in my path. There are a couple of ways to address this but I usually just create a symlink between where java is to /usr/bin. If I'm remembering correctly, in FC/Redhat, your java directory is in /usr/lib, can't be sure though. Find the java executable in your java directory and as root, create the symlink. As an example, mine is in /usr/lib/java/bin/java so I'd make the symlink from it...
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/lib/java/bin/java /usr/bin/java
    ...then, try the jar file.

Hope this helps. If not, sorry I couldn't help more...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here