Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was reading this thing on a WineHQ.com and the instructions were this... NEXUS+WINE HOWTO: Go here http://www.mozilla.org/releases/ and install Mozilla build 1.7.1 Do not use the latest 1.7.11. Scroll ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine Question...

I was reading this thing on a WineHQ.com and the instructions were this...

NEXUS+WINE HOWTO: Go here http://www.mozilla.org/releases/ and install Mozilla build 1.7.1 Do not use the latest 1.7.11. Scroll down to 1.7.1 from July 2004. Download the Win32 full installer. Next go here http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm and download the corresponding ActiveX controller binary Mozilla ActiveX Control 1.7.1. Now wine install Mozilla browser. I'm pretty sure I did a "Complete Install". The browser only might not work. Make the system32 folder under c:windows Get a copy of msvcr70.dll from somewhere and copy it into the system32 folder. (Note: this may not be required, but the activex plugin complains about it) Wine install the ActiveX controller. This should complete without complaint. If it says it can't locate some library or another, check to make sure you are using 1.7.1 for both the browser and the activex controller. Now, cd into the ActiveX folder in your wine drive. type "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regsvr32.exe mozctlx.dll" Be sure to include the X. This should succeed. If all is well, start Nexus with wine and have fun.
    Now it tells me to make a system32 folder in the c: directory... I only have "/" filesystem... where is c??

I have the Mozilla thing and Active X thing (.exe's) on my desktop...

Not sure what to do no...

I think whenever you open wine configurator, theres some options to set, you can tell wine where you want the windows directory to be and which version of windows to emulate. and here is where you can create the directory.
    I'm sure its already been created for you.
    but anyhoo, the instructions you posted tell you where the wine directory is located
    Now, cd into the ActiveX folder in your wine drive. type "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regsvr32.exe mozctlx.dll" Be sure to include the X. This should succeed. If all is well, start Nexus with wine and have fun.
    ~/.wine/drive_c/ <----this means /home/username/.wine/ is where you can find it.
    cheers
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Looking in there I don't see a wine directory...

I am soo used to the Windows set up with C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApp's etc...

I double click Computer on the desktop...

I see filesystem

I click that and see home which I clicked, it has my username (Dizzy)

When I clicked that I see what is in my Dizzy's Home... (Wine isn't there)

Ehh, very confused atm...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    .wine is hidden because it's prefixed with a '.'. Either use the shell or configure your file browser to show hidden files.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!
    Wait, I'll take a guess on this, for .wine mean it's hidden?

cause I opened wine confige and see

/home/Dizzy/.wine/drive_c

if it is hidden how do I find it?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Javasnob
    .wine is hidden because it's prefixed with a '.'. Either use the shell or configure your file browser to show hidden files.
    Hehe, I didn't read your post before I posted what I said thanks, lemme try it!

Just Joined!
    NEXUS+WINE HOWTO: Go here http://www.mozilla.org/releases/ and install Mozilla build 1.7.1 Do not use the latest 1.7.11. Scroll down to 1.7.1 from July 2004. Download the Win32 full installer. Next go here http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm and download the corresponding ActiveX controller binary Mozilla ActiveX Control 1.7.1. Now wine install Mozilla browser. I'm pretty sure I did a "Complete Install". The browser only might not work. Make the system32 folder under c:windows Get a copy of msvcr70.dll from somewhere and copy it into the system32 folder. (Note: this may not be required, but the activex plugin complains about it) Wine install the ActiveX controller. This should complete without complaint. If it says it can't locate some library or another, check to make sure you are using 1.7.1 for both the browser and the activex controller. Now, cd into the ActiveX folder in your wine drive. type "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regsvr32.exe mozctlx.dll" Be sure to include the X. This should succeed. If all is well, start Nexus with wine and have fun.
    At one point in this it tells me to cd into the ActiveX folder in your wine drive. type "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regsvr32.exe mozctlx.dll" Not sure, but is this in the Terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyThermal
    At one point in this it tells me to cd into the ActiveX folder in your wine drive. type "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regsvr32.exe mozctlx.dll" Not sure, but is this in the Terminal?
    Yes, in the terminal, konsole, shell. all the same thing.
    and for what it's worth, linuxforums has a thread specifically for wine, which could further your cause much more than I could. http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wine/
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Ahhh Thanks Bob =)