Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, first of all thanks for deciding to read this topic. I recently decided I'd like to dual-boot between Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I partitioned ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux newbie, firstboot problems.

Hi, first of all thanks for deciding to read this topic.

I recently decided I'd like to dual-boot between Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I partitioned my drive, and installed without any problems. I'm able to boot into Fedora Core, but I have a nasty problem when the OS is loading/configuring itself.

Kudzu has some sort of error on line 23, and fails to start/configure properly. This doesn't seem to cause much of a problem with the rest of the loading up until some sort of firstboot sequence, where the distro decides to list a load of jargon concerning Kudzu and then freeze my system. The system doesn't resume and I have to reset.

This is a rather vague description, I know, I'll boot into Fedora again and note the error Kudzu gives me when it fails if need be. It's rather irritating, hoping someone can help me out.

Just Joined!

Unhappy Problems with linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Aled
    Hi, first of all thanks for deciding to read this topic.

I recently decided I'd like to dual-boot between Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I partitioned my drive, and installed without any problems. I'm able to boot into Fedora Core, but I have a nasty problem when the OS is loading/configuring itself.

Kudzu has some sort of error on line 23, and fails to start/configure properly. This doesn't seem to cause much of a problem with the rest of the loading up until some sort of firstboot sequence, where the distro decides to list a load of jargon concerning Kudzu and then freeze my system. The system doesn't resume and I have to reset.

This is a rather vague description, I know, I'll boot into Fedora again and note the error Kudzu gives me when it fails if need be. It's rather irritating, hoping someone can help me out.
    Hi Dear,
    I have problems with my Mac desktop. My OS seems to be failed,but when i try to reinstall the OS(Linux) the cd doesn't take over as though the cd drive didn't work. In plus, I can't enter the bios. Please, help me.
    Thanks.