Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm using Fedora Core 5 and i have a Airtel GSM connection and also i have activated GPRS in my phone. I used to connect to GPRS in windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help in connecting to GPRS in FC5?

Hi,
    I'm using Fedora Core 5 and i have a Airtel GSM connection and also i have activated GPRS in my phone. I used to connect to GPRS in windows with the help of some dialer but now i'm not using windows and i dont want to. Now how shall i configure GPRS in Linux and what utility i need to use and how to configure the utility to connect to internet through phone. I have a i-mate SP3 phone and i connect to system using USB datacable. If i get step by step approach to configure that will be more helpful.

Step1

Sorry, I just can give you the suggestion (step1).

Make sure you have the driver for Linux (GPRS connection and Hand phone).
    As I know, itís easier that you bought a solid modem, not from your hand phone, because itís easy to find the driver for solid modem.

I donít know what to do...uumm..let me see...if i have a modem(not from cellphone), i just check the product name of my modem, try to installed the driver that the vendor gave me (inside the box), or i can search in google to find the driver ..buuuuut....if my cellphone as my modem...what type the chip of my cellphone...hhmm...cellphone its not exactly real modem...hhmm..hey you make me confused buddy...

Perhaps you should waiting for more replies from everybody. Well thatís my answer for you...good. Luck!!

JG!!