Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody! [Hi, doctor Nick!]... we could say. But we won't 'cause we're civilized people. Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. Here's the problem: I'm using WinXp with FC5 (yes, a dual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Angry Forgot to feed WinXP - it's eating my documents!

Hi everybody!
    [Hi, doctor Nick!]... we could say. But we won't 'cause we're civilized people.
    Ahem. Sorry 'bout that.

Here's the problem:
    I'm using WinXp with FC5 (yes, a dual boot) and while using Linux I've tried to copy text files (OpenOffice and plain text editor documents) to Windows' C:\ partition. Everything seems to be ok, copying works fine and documents are there. But when I reboot to XP, they're gone. After rebooting back to FC5, they're not there either. Demolished. Eaten.
    I'm mounting XP partitions correctly (at least I think so) in FC and the question is should I unmount the Win partition(s) before rebooting and could this affect like this? While rebooting out of FC5 the kernel lines (or whatever they are) are telling me that something failes [FAILED] when the kernel (or whatever) is handling the mounted XP partition.

I know I'm asking for trouble using NTFS like this - but I've been too lazy (too busy if the boss asks) to modify it to operate some other ways. And besides I love challenges.
    Help, anyone?

NTFS writing has traditionally been "use at your own risk". There was a recent development in this, but I don't have a link to the article. I'm sure someone will pipe in with it soon.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

hi Oukki !!!

this is the link for article on NTFS support

http://bisqwit.iki.fi/story/howto/ntfs/

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Thanks casper,

I'll try it as soon as I can and will post if it worked or not.