Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive done a little searching and couldnt get this thing working. Im trying to get google talk working with kopete. I know i need to set up thru jabber and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with google talk and kopete

Ive done a little searching and couldnt get this thing working.

Im trying to get google talk working with kopete. I know i need to set up thru jabber and that i need qcl-tls. Ive tried several different qcl versions and each one i try comes up that i need a different depend first. i believe the last one it told me i needed was qcl1[==1.0] (forgive me im at work at the moment). but i couldnt locate this package. can someone direct me to the original package that i need in order to get this working. im using fedora core 5. im a little new to linux so please be kind, thanks for the help!

I've not heard of the package, but you could try sourceforge, or the kopete website. My suggestion, however, is Gaim. It's very easy to setup (I use it with both MSN and Google chat), and has a few more features than Kopete (well, at least it did when I last checked).

Good luck!

Just Joined!
    thanks, i got it working via yum to find the package, except whenever i log into google talk it put up a server error, but if i click 'ok' then i can proceed as normal