Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just downloaded Fedora Core 5 and have it dual booting with my Windows XP. I was wondering if there is anyway I can share programs and files between the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sharing Programs on a Dual Boot?

I just downloaded Fedora Core 5 and have it dual booting with my Windows XP. I was wondering if there is anyway I can share programs and files between the two OS's so I can minimize disk usage. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrmints
    I just downloaded Fedora Core 5 and have it dual booting with my Windows XP. I was wondering if there is anyway I can share programs and files between the two OS's so I can minimize disk usage. Thanks

Hi jrmints,
    Well not exactly but yes. WinXP uses a file system(NTFS) that doesnt play well with others, namely Linux. You could create a new fat32 partition to save all your downloads to. And that way whether your using Linux or Windows you have access to all your downloads.
    But if you mean use the same programs for both OS's, no that definetly won't work.....and I doubt it ever will.
    You might be able to use a few WinXP programs on Linux using WINE or Cedega.
    Hope this helps ya.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.