Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I having trouble to find imap complete package file. I`ve been looking in several sites, and download some packages. But when i was installed the packages (RPM File) the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

IMAP Component Files

Hello,

I having trouble to find imap complete package file. I`ve been looking in several sites, and download some packages. But when i was installed the packages (RPM File) the other files needed/connect/depending to another files that not download with the main file. Perhaps you all Linuxers can help me out.

Regards,
    -JG-

Use yum to install the package, i.e. as root do:

Code:
    yum -y <packagename>
    and it'll go off and satisfy all the dependency issues for you.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Not Connected to internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff
    Use yum to install the package, i.e. as root do:

Code:
    yum -y <packagename>
    and it'll go off and satisfy all the dependency issues for you.
    Hello,

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is my Pc was not connected to Internet. So I have to download and intsall the IMAP Packages manually. using : #rpm -Uvh imap-xxx-xxx. I was already install some packages file but there`s a message showed up : to install imap-2.4.... need file lib....

And i`ve been looking in google and other sites, but i can`t define which one is files that connected one files to another files.

Thank you for your advice...
    -JG-

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry. It never occurred to me that you'd not have an internet connection, especially as this is clearly an email server of some kind.

Have you tried installing the version from your original install disks. All the dependencies will be on the disks, although it can be a little fiddly adding each one until the install proceeds, it's better than having to travel somewhere to download a particular misisng rpm, only to discover you got the wrong version or it provides another load of missing dependencies.

Yes I did..

Sorry. It never occurred to me that you'd not have an internet connection, especially as this is clearly an email server of some kind.

Have you tried installing the version from your original install disks. All the dependencies will be on the disks, although it can be a little fiddly adding each one until the install proceeds, it's better than having to travel somewhere to download a particular misisng rpm, only to discover you got the wrong version or it provides another load of missing dependencies.
    Hello,

: I`m using Fedoracore 5 :
    Thanks for your advice. I’m using the Vmware packages for my virtual Pc. Yes I’ve been installing from disk, with Add Remove Application. When I was choosing the Mail Server Options, there’s only : Sendmail, Evolution Mail ect but no IMAP, when I was installing Fedoracore 1, with Add Remove Program, and choose the Mail Server Options clearly there are several Mail server that I need, IMAP Server, IPOP Server, Sendmail ect. But In Fedoracore 5, I did not find the IMAP Options.

Please advice...

Thanks...
    -JG-

Dont use the software installer - take a look at the RPM files on disk. You're looking for one that is named similarly to the package you downloaded (although it'll probably be a slightly earlier version).

I use Dovecot to provide IMAP and POP3 services on my network.

Yes i`ve tried to..

Dont use the software installer - take a look at the RPM files on disk. You're looking for one that is named similarly to the package you downloaded (although it'll probably be a slightly earlier version).

I use Dovecot to provide IMAP and POP3 services on my network.
    Hello,

Yes, i was tried to find the file from the disk, and it works the IMAP Server was running...

But when I log on to my virtual mail server from user sides (not root), I canít log in. There is an error message :

" CANNOT CONNECT TO IMAP SERVER.ERROR 13. LOCALHOST "

Please advice...

Thank you,
    -JG-

Seems like something could be blocking your connection. Do you have a firewall turned on? Can you connect as the root user? Is your IMAP configured correctly (have you ever been able to connect to it as anyone?). IMAP is usually started through xinetd - you've allowed access through that, haven't you? You did restart the xinetd service after making changes (or restarted the virtual machine)?

Configures

Seems like something could be blocking your connection. Do you have a firewall turned on? Can you connect as the root user? Is your IMAP configured correctly (have you ever been able to connect to it as anyone?). IMAP is usually started through xinetd - you've allowed access through that, haven't you? You did restart the xinetd service after making changes (or restarted the virtual machine)?
    Hi,

The firewall was disabled and i`m not using antivirus at all. And its my habits to restart all services after i configured any files.(serivces : named,xinetd,httpd ect)

Yes i was already configured the imap file,on /etc/xinetd.d/imap :

service imaps
    {
    disable = no
    socket_type = stream
    protocol = tcp
    wait = no
    user = root
    server = /usr/sbin/imapd
    flags = IPv4
    }

And i`ve been trying to do this :

root@root:~# telnet 127.0.0.1 imap
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Not Connected to 127.0.0.1.
    Escape character is '^]'.

Yes, i`ve been trying log in as root, but still showed up an error message "Cannot conect to IMAP server.error 13.localhost"

Thanks a lot if you help me solve this matter.

Regards,
    -JG-

'imaps' is the secure version of imap. There should be a similar file for imap. These two use different ports - the only difference is that the secure one requires encryption of the data stream. It could be that you've enabled the secure port version and are trying to connect normally. While telnet could be used to connect to the imaps port, you wouldn't be able to get very far, because the telnet app doesn't understand the encryption.

On my small LAN (which is behind a firewall), I use have both the imap and imaps services turned on and the users can connect how they like.