Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey... i just recently bought intel desktop board D102GGC2 pc... i tried installing fedora core 5 .... during the start of the installation .. after x server is initialized the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hey... having problem with fedora graphics

hey...

i just recently bought intel desktop board D102GGC2 pc... i tried installing fedora core 5 .... during the start of the installation .. after x server is initialized the whole screen turns out to multi colored dots...

i thought there might be a problem with the graphics... but i dont know how to stop probing for graphics detection... i've tried lots of times... but no success... not been able to install linux..
    please help...

Just Joined!
    That intel board has an ATI Radeon X300 based graphics, which should not be a problem startup I think. I have read the Xorg interface works for thit video, but of course you'll eventually want to load the fglrx driver for that chip once you get started.

I believe that FC5 still has a non-graphical installation procedure. I'd try that and then reconfigure /etc/X11/xorg.conf to "vesa" as needed.

Another thread here:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...-core-5-a.html

Just Joined!

hey... thanks..but..

hey... thanks.. for that info... i did it and it worked...
    but its different than the normal gui installation....no kde...
    is there a method where i can install linux in gui than text mode and avoid the problem