Find the answer to your Linux question:
As i was installing Fedora 5 the installer simply stopped and vanished. It happened right after it says "1...2...3...4...". The scan confirmed that the DVD i was using was O.K. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installer Vanished

As i was installing Fedora 5 the installer simply stopped and vanished. It happened right after it says "1...2...3...4...". The scan confirmed that the DVD i was using was O.K. to install from and i have a partition ready to put Linux on it. I am pretty sure that after the installer vanished it was still working because my processor light kept blinking and the CD drive kept humming. The screen just blacked out. Please help me.

Linux User
    Not sure on this but I had servers do this too. It was some type of video issue.
    To get around this when the splash screen came up instead of just hitting the enter key I typed in teh following: linux text nobf

This allowed me to install everything in text mode, slighty different than GUI, then it found the proper drivers when it finished the install. After the reboot everything was fine.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help,

I wont ber able to try it right this minute, but i will try it soon. Anyting i need to konw about the codes as i am not too familiar with them. Also could you tell me when you put in that command you posted? Was it when the screen blacked out? In the Kernel maybe....?